Enabling Local Admin Account
The built-in Administrator account in Windows Vista and Windows 7 is by default disabled. If you are managing a network of multiple computers and want to take advantage of a common local administrator account that gives you access to all computers using the same credentials, then you need to enable this account.
To enable the Administrator account, follow these steps:
- Go to the Start search text box and type lusrmgr.msc and press Enter
- In the RHS pane select the Users folder
- In the center pane right-click the Administrator account and select Set Password.
- On the Set Password for Administrator prompt, click the Proceed button.
- Enter the desired password twice, click OK, and then click OK again.
- Right-click the Administrator account and select Properties.
- Uncheck the Account is disabled check-box, and then click OK.