Get Your Language Specific Characters!
If your Windows 7 edition does not support additional languages and you need to type characters in a different language, then you can enable your preferred Input Method Editor (IME) and get your language specific characters. IMEs are programs that allow users to enter characters and symbols not found on their input devices. On the other hand, language packs provide a translated version of Windows dialog boxes, menu items, and help content.
To add an Input Language follow these steps:
- In the Start search text box type Language and select Region and Language
- On the Region and Language dialog box, click the Keyboards and Languages tab
- Click the Change keyboards button
- From the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box, click the Add button
- From the Add Input Language dialog box, select your desired language as shown below:
You can click the Preview button to verify the keyboard layout as shown below: