- Insert the system repair disc into your CD/DVD-ROM drive
- Restart your computer
- If prompted, press any key to start the computer from the system repair disc
- Make sure that your computer is configured to start from a CD or DVD – check the computer’s BIOS settings.
- Choose your language settings, and then click Next
You need a system repair disc so that you have access to system recovery options when problems occur. The repair disc contains system recovery tools that help you fix Windows. To create a system repair disc follow these steps:
- From the Control Panel, click Backup your computer under System and Security
- From the Backup and Restore windows click Create a system repair disc
Otherwise, type system repair disc in the Search text box of the Start menu and click the Create a System Repair Disc link
- Insert a blank writable CD/DVD in the CD/DVD-ROM drive and click Create Disc from the Create a system repair disc dialog box
You may be prompted to insert a Windows installation disc, which means that the files needed to create the system repair disc cannot be found on your computer. Insert a Windows 7 installation disc.